Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cordon Bleu Burgers

I get excited for the big Thanksgiving meal the whole month of November, especially the turkey.  Then I thought of these burgers that I make year round.  Yes, they are that good!!  Most recipes call for ground chicken, but I can more easily find ground turkey in the store. 

I love these because they satisfy my need for a burger, but I don't feel horrible and have a stomach ache after I eat these like a greasy beef burger. 


1 lb. ground turkey (or chicken)
4 whole wheat buns
4 slices of ham
4 slices swiss cheese
lettuce
tomato slices
1/2 cup mayonaise
1 Tbs dijon mustard
Salt
Pepper

Divide the meat into 4 equal portions and form into patties.  Salt and pepper the patties and then cook in a large skillet.  After I turn them over I put the swiss cheese on to melt.  They will feel firm to the touch when they are cooked through. 

Mix the mayo and mustard and slather on both sides of the bun.  Then build your burgers.  I start with the bottom bun, ham , then burgers with melted cheese, lettuce and tomato and top bun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment