Saturday, November 26, 2011

Layered Pumpkin Pie Toffee Cheesecake

I know the holidays aren't usually a time for trying new recipes, but I have to admit it was one of the best decisions I have made.  I love cheesecake and I eat pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving and Christmas just because its always available.  Put them together though and magical things happen, and the toffee just makes it extra yummy.  I got the recipe from one of my favorite food blogs found here but these are my photos.

If you are looking for a great recipe for Christmas try this or anytime before then too!!  As you can see its about 50/50 pumpkin pie and cheesecake, and don't forget the whipped cream and toffee bits for the top. 
Our Thanksgiving was so wonderful this year.  Our week was filled with fun, family, football and of course a lot of yummy FOOD!  We made it really easy by baking all day on Wednesday so we could enjoy a nice easy day on Thursday.  We made three pies, rolls and candy turkeys for our table decor the day before.
My life was also easier because my husband volunteered to deep fry our turkey again this year.  I love it because it is one less thing I have to cook, but it also leaves my oven free to cook and heat up the side dishes. 

I know the skin looks dark, but I promise the turkey isn't burnt.  The skin protects the meat on the turkey so well and keeps it nice and moist inside. 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Feel free to share anything exciting from your holiday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment