Thursday, November 10, 2011

Snickers Salad

This is one of my favorite recipes that I got from one of my cooking classes in college.  I haven't ever had anything like it.  It's not a jello salad and its not a typical fruit salad. Its just different and I love it!!

It's great in the fall when apples are in season and great for the Christmas because you use red and green apples. 

2 granny smith apples
2 red apples (I used Fuji because I already had them)
1/2 cup whipping cream (whipped stiff with powdered sugar)
4 tsp powdered sugar
1 6oz container strawberry yogurt
2 king size snickers bars

First, whip cream with powdered sugar until it has stiff peaks.  Then gently fold in yogurt.  You want this ready so you can add your apples when they are cut up.  You don't want your apples getting brown while you are whipping your cream. 
Cut your apples and snickers into bite size pieces.  Then gently fold them into the whipped cream and yogurt mixture.  Serve immediately.  You can chill it before serving but not for more than a couple of hours.  You want your whipped cream to stay fluffy. 
Enjoy!!  If you make this let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment