Friday, October 14, 2011

Apple Dip

I always loved fall growing up especially all the beautiful trees covered in red, yellow and orange leaves.  Then I moved to Idaho and I always dreaded it.  It always seemed to go from summer to winter in the blink of an eye.  This year for the first time in a long time I am enjoying the fall weather (because we finally have a fall).  I'm excited to pull out all my sweaters and enjoy some fall food.  Of course apples came to mind, and I remembered a recipe I got from one of my roommates in college.


8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Blend cream cheese, sugars and vanilla with electric mixer until smooth.  Add nuts. 

My favorite apples to serve a fruit dip with are granny smith because they are tart, but you can use your favorite.  I also like a crisp Fuji apple too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment