Monday, October 17, 2011

Asparagus- Grilled and Roasted

Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables.  It's so easy to make, delicious and healthy.  I usually roast it in the oven or if my husband is cooking we like to grill it with the steaks.  I used to eat it steamed, but after grilling and roasting it I haven't gone back to steaming it. I simply prefer the flavor.   

Asparagus
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

The preparation for roasting and grilling is the same.  Just drizzle with some olive oil, salt and pepper.  Then toss them around to make sure all spears are coated. 


Put them on a baking sheet to roast them at 375.  The time you cook them will depend on how thick your asparagus is.  If they are thin maybe 6-7 minutes.  Thicker maybe 10-12 minutes.  When they are bright green and slightly browning on the edges they are done. 

For grilling look for the same thing.  Bright green color and slightly charred on edges.  You can poke them with a fork to see if they are tender also. 


This was our date night dinner, so we served it with rib eye steaks and mashed potatoes.  Asparagus is such an easy and simple side dish to prepare for almost any meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment